Child Support Enforcement

Non-Custodial Parent
     Medical Support


Nebraska law requires that every support order include a provision for medical support. There are two types of medical support: 


  1. Health care coverage - If a parent can provide health insurance for their children privately or through an employer or organization, they may be ordered to do so. In Nebraska, both parents may be ordered to provide health insurance. Medicaid is a means tested benefit and not considered health insurance coverage. 
  2. Cash medical - If neither parent has access to health insurance for their children, cash medical support may be ordered. Cash medical support is an amount a non-custodial parent may be ordered to pay to help with the cost of health care coverage.

National Medical Support Notice (NMSN) - If you are ordered to provide health care insurance, a NMSN may be sent to your employer, instructing them to enroll your children in the available health insurance plan. You will receive a copy of this notice.


For Information on Military health care:

Veterans Health Benefits Handbook


Good Life. Great Mission.