Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Child Support Enforcement

Non-Custodial Parent
     Income Withholding

An Income Withholding Order (IWO) is an order that a Child Support Enforcement (IV-D) office or a private individual sends to the non-custodial parent's employer instructing the employer to withhold support payments from the non-custodial parent's paycheck. The withheld payments are then sent by the employer to the Nebraska Child Support Payment Center (NCSPC) to be applied to the support obligation. 

Paying your support through income withholding helps ensure that payments are made in a timely manner, in the correct amounts, and to the right parties.  

If you have a private attorney, you may need to bring the IWO to his/her attention. 

If you handled your case pro se, meaning without a private attorney or Child Support Enforcement, there are a few things you will need to know about the form:

  • The correct version of the IWO form MUST be used. If this form is not used, the employer can refuse the withholding order and not withhold the income.

Federal Income Withholding Form.pdf

  • You will need to include a copy of your court order.
  • The information you will need in order to complete the form can be found in your most current child support order from the court. If you do not have a copy of your most recent order, you can obtain one from the Clerk of the District Court in the county where your court order was established.

For Additional Information:

IWO Instructions




For more information, contact:
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
Child Support Enforcement
P.O. Box 94728
Lincoln, NE 68509-4728
Phone: (402) 441-8715
1-877-631-9973 (toll-free)

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.