The cooperation of employers assists Child Support Enforcement (CSE) in the early location of non-custodial parents, the prompt collection of child support and the efficient enrollment of children in health care plans.
New hire reporting is the most successful means for locating parents. Through new hire reporting, employers provide timely information regarding the employment of non-custodial parents.
Income withholding is the single most effective enforcement tool used to collect child support. We recognize the work employers do to ensure the success of new hire reporting and income withholding, and appreciate their efforts to ensure children have the necessary financial and medical support they need.
- Reporting all newly hired employees;
- Responding to employment verification requests;
- Withholding income for support obligations;
- Complying with National Medical Support Notice requirements;
- Remitting withheld payments; and
- Reporting employees who are no longer employed with them.
For Additional Information:
Contact & Program Information for Employers
Working with the Military
Employer Services Web Application