Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

‚ÄčChild Support Enforcement

Custodial Parent
     Closing Your Case

On your request, your child support case will be closed if your child(ren) has never received public assistance. If your child(ren) is receiving public assistance currently, we are required by law to continue enforcing the support order. If your child(ren) has received public assistance previously, we are required by law to collect for any arrears that are owed to the State of Nebraska.  

By closing your case, Child Support Enforcement (CSE) will stop all enforcement remedies that are currently in place such as income withholding and tax intercept. CSE may initiate the closure of a case when appropriate. 

Closure of your CSE case does not automatically stop your court order. Only the court can stop your court order for support.

For more information, contact:
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
Child Support Enforcement
P.O. Box 94728
Lincoln, NE 68509-4728
Phone: (402) 441-8715
1-877-631-9973 (toll-free)

Documents in PDF PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.