Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Use SHIFT+ENTER to open the menu (new window).
Is there a maximum amount of money that may be withheld from my paycheck?

​Yes, for all income withholdings, the upper limit on what may be withheld is based on the Federal Consumer Credit Protection Act (CCPA). The federal withholding limits for child support and alimony are based on the disposable earnings of the employee.

The Federal CCPA limit is 50 percent of the disposable earnings if the employee supports a second family and 60 percent if the employee does not support a second family. These limits increase to 55 percent and 65 percent respectively if the employee owes arrearages that are 12 weeks or more past due.


How soon must employers send the child support payment that was withheld from my paycheck?

Employers need to send payment of the withheld wages within seven (7) business days, at the most, of paying wages to the employee.

How and where do I make my child support payment?

Payments - In Nebraska support payments are due on the 1st day of the month and for child support you have the entire month to pay. Spousal support is due on the 1st and delinquent on the 2nd day of the month. Payments may be made by a variety of means but must always be made to: Nebraska Child Support Payment Center, PO Box 82600, Lincoln, NE 68501-2600. The following are the most common methods for paying support.   

Withholding from your pay check - One of the easiest methods of payment is for your employer to automatically deduct the support payment from your paycheck. If the order was done privately and the State is not involved you can ask the Clerk of District Court for voluntary income withholding papers, fill them out and give to your employer. Your employer will withhold and send in payments for you. If the State is involved in the case, the caseworker assigned to the case will send out the income withholding papers to the current employer as long as they have your employer information.
Automatic Withdrawal or EFT from your checking or savings accounts- These payments can be made at various pay intervals and can be set up by calling the Nebraska Child Support Payment Center at 1-877-631-9973, Option 3. You can also sign up over the website at:
Check or Money Order- Monthly payment coupons should always be sent in with a check, money order or cashiers check. If you do not have a coupon, please remember to include two unique identifiers-such as social security number, court order number, name or ARP.
Credit/Debit Cards - Credit/Debit card payments can be made by phone, over the internet at or in person at the Nebraska Child Support Payment Center. There is a $15 convenience fee charge when paying with a credit/debit card over the phone or the internet. There is no fee to use a credit card for walk-in payments.
Walk-in Payments- The Nebraska Child Support Payment Center accepts payments at 233 South 10th St, Lincoln, NE.


What if I miss a payment?

Child Support payments that are over 30 days past due start accumulating interest in Nebraska.  The interest is payable along with the child support payment.

How are my payments distributed?

Support payments are divided proportionately among any court orders in which you are ordered to pay support.  By Nebraska law, payments are first applied to the support due for the current month.  If you pay in excess of your current month’s obligation the extra amount will first be applied to any past due support and then to any interest owed.

How can I modify my order?

​If there is a significant change in the income of either parent, you or the custodial parent may request that the court order for child support be reviewed.  The District Court may determine that a modification is not appropriate or may order an increase or a decrease in the monthly support amount.  Contact Nebraska Child Support Customer Service at 1-877-631-9973, option 2, for additional information.


I have a summer abatement. What do I do?

Your court order may have a provision for summer visitation credit.  Please carefully review the order, as it may be necessary for you to notify the Clerk of District Court so proper credit is received for that time period.  You can also contact Nebraska Child Support Customer Service at 1-877-631-9973, option 2, to see if it is already entered in the system for credit.

What is the age of emancipation in Nebraska?

The age of emancipation is 19 in Nebraska.  Child support is paid through the birth month of child when they reach age 19 unless otherwise determined in the court order.

What about custody and visitation issues?

CSE cannot help parents with custody or visitation issues. You will need to contact a private attorney for help in these areas.​

How do I contact my child support caseworker?

Call the Nebraska Customer Service Center at 1-877-631-9973, option 2. ​

What is a billing statement?

Billing statements are generated monthly. Non-custodial parents can choose to have them mailed, emailed or available on the Nebraska Child Support Payment Center's (NCSPC) website.

If your payments are made through income withholding, by the Department of Labor, to another state, your billing statement is available on the NCSPC's website.

The statement will show the amount that is due for the next month and any support that has become past due. The top portion of the statement is a payment coupon. Please send the coupon with payment if paid via check or money order.

Electronic payment methods are available. If a detailed month-to-month breakdown of the support balance is needed call the Nebraska Child Support Customer Service 1-877-631-9973, option 2, and ask for a Payment History.


























How can I request genetic testing?

​Contact the Nebraska Customer Call Center at 1-877-631-9973, option 2.