Payments - In Nebraska support payments are due on the 1st day of the month. 

Payments may be made by a variety of means but must always be made to:

Nebraska Child Support Payment Center,
PO Box 82600,
Lincoln, NE 68501-2600.

The following are the most common methods for paying support.   

Withholding from your pay check - The most effective method of payment is for your employer to automatically deduct the support payment from your paycheck. Your employer will withhold and send in payments for you.
Automatic Withdrawal or EFT from your checking or savings accounts- These payments can be made at various pay intervals and can be set up by calling the Nebraska Child Support Payment Center at 1-877-631-9973, option 3. You can also sign up over the website at:
Check or Money Order- Monthly payment coupons should always be sent in with a check, money order or cashiers check. If you do not have a coupon, please remember to include two unique identifiers-such as social security number, court order number, name or ARP (Starts with 'AR').
Credit/Debit Cards - Credit/Debit card payments can be made over the internet at or in person at the Nebraska Child Support Payment Center. Credit card payments will have a 2.49% surcharge. There is no fee to pay by debit card.
Walk-in Payments- The Nebraska Child Support Payment Center accepts payments at 421 S 9th St, Lincoln, NE.



Support payments are divided proportionately among any court orders in which you are ordered to pay support.  By Nebraska law, payments are first applied to the support due for the current month.  If you pay in excess of your current month’s obligation the extra amount will first be applied to any past due support and then to any interest owed.


​Call the Nebraska Customer Service Call Center at 1-877-631-9973, option 2.


The age of emancipation is 19 in Nebraska. Child support is paid through the birth month of child when they reach age 19 unless otherwise determined in the court order.


If there is a significant change in the income of either parent, you may request that the court order for child support be reviewed. 

​In Nebraska, child support obligations are computed using an income shares formula. This means both parent's incomes are used to compute the monthly support obligation. Child support guideline worksheets and tables are used to calculate support obligations. If you believe the amount of current child support should be raised, it may be possible to pursue a review and modification of support if there has been a substantial change in circumstances, or it has been more than three years since the order was issued, modified or reviewed.  If an adjustment is appropriate, the new amount could be higher or lower than the amount in your current order. 
If you are interested in requesting a Review and Modification, please call 1-877-631-9973, option 2, to request a packet or go to the CSE website and fill out an application online:

Contact the Nebraska Customer Call Center at 1-877-631-9973, option 2.


Your court order may have a provision for summer visitation credit.  Please carefully review the order, as it may be necessary for you to notify the Clerk of District Court so proper credit is received for that time period.  You can also contact Nebraska Child Support Customer Service at 1-877-631-9973, option 2, to see if it is already entered in the system for credit.


Yes, for all income withholdings, the upper limit on what may be withheld is based on the Federal Consumer Credit Protection Act (CCPA). The federal withholding limits for child support and alimony are based on the disposable earnings of the employee.

The Federal CCPA limit is 50 percent of the disposable earnings if the employee supports a second family and 60 percent if the employee does not support a second family. These limits increase to 55 percent and 65 percent respectively if the employee owes arrearages that are 12 weeks or more past due. 



​CSE cannot assist parents with custody or visitation issues. You will need to contact a private attorney for help in these areas.​


​Yes. If a non-custodial parent lives in another state, CSE will either send a Notice to Withhold Income directly to the parent's employer or will ask that state to pursue the support obligation. 


​​Child support services are available to parents and relatives who complete the child support application. You can either complete the application online at or call 1-877-631-9973, option 2, and request a paper application.


When Child Support Enforcement  receives a payment, the payment is prorated to current support in all cases to which the non-custodial parent owes.


​Custodial parents may be charged a $35 annual service fee from all cases in which a minimum of $550 has been collected and disbursed to the Child Support payee (custodial parent). The fee will not be changed in cases where the custodial parent has received TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families) at any time.  The fee is charged per CSE case.