SAMHSA Uniform Block Grant
NE State Application FFY 2018-2019 - Public Comments on State Plan
The Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) offers a combined Community Mental Health Services Block Grant (MHBG) and the Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (SABG) into one application.
The Division of Behavioral Health (DBH) within the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services welcomes Public Comments on the DRAFT NE State Application for SAMHSA Uniform Block Grant FY 2018-2019.
For details on the requirements for the SAMHSA Block Grants, see: http://www.samhsa.gov/grants/block-grants
Comments on the Draft Application:
In June 2017, DBH received notice from SAMHSA regarding the FFY 2018-2019 Block Grant Application. The statutory due date for FINAL posting of the COMPLETED application of the FFY 2018-19 Block Grant is September 1, 2017. Therefore feedback for the DRAFT application needs to be completed by August 25, 2017.
DBH plans to complete the 2018-2019 SAMHSA Uniform Block Grant Application:
- The Block Grant priorities and related topics were reviewed at the Joint State Advisory Committees on Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services meeting on May 18, 2017 at the Country Inn and Suites, 5353 No. 27th Street, Lincoln, NE 68521.
- The Draft 2018-2019 SAMHSA Uniform Block Grant Application will be reviewed at the Joint State Advisory Committees on Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services meeting on August 24, 2017 at the Country Inn and Suites, 5353 No. 27th Street, Lincoln, NE 68521. Additional information on the block grant planning process can be reviewed by accessing the Nebraska Needs Assessment and the Behavioral Health Strategic Plan 2017-2020.
- August 25, 2017 - the comment period ends at close of business.
- DBH will incorporate comments received and prepare the final SAMHSA Uniform Block Grant Application.
- September 1, 2017 - the complete FINAL 2018-2019 SAMHSA Uniform Block Grant Application is posted on the SAMHSA site.
- Once the application is posted on the DBH site, e-mail notices are sent to NE DHHS DBH Advisory Committee Members, Regional Behavioral Health Authorities, Office of Consumer Affairs contact list, Behavioral Health Providers, press release venues and to other interested parties.
- Final application will be posted on the DBH website after submission is completed.
Deadline for feedback submission is August 25, 2017!
John Trouba – Federal Aid Administrator
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
Division of Behavioral Health
301 Centennial Mall South, 3rd Floor
PO Box 95026
Lincoln, NE 68509-5026
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader