SAMHSA Uniform Block Grant
NE State Application FY 2014-2015 - Public Comments on State Plan
The Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has combined the previously separate Community Mental Health Services Block Grant (MHBG) and the Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (SABG) into one application.
The Division of Behavioral Health (DBH) within the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services welcomes Public Comments on the Draft NE State Application for SAMHSA Uniform Block Grant FY 2014-2015.
Comments on the Draft Application
On February 25, 2013, DBH received notice from SAMHSA regarding the 2014-2015 Block Grant Application. Due to budget uncertainties, SAMHSA was unable to publish the Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2014-2015 Uniform Block Grant Application at that time. In recognition of States’ need for adequate time to prepare the applications, the proposed April 1, 2013 submission date was no longer applicable. However, the statutory due dates for application of the FFY 2014-15 Block Grants remain in effect (September 1, 2013).
DBH plans to complete the 2014-2015 SAMHSA Block Grant application:
- The Block Grant priorities and related topics were reviewed at the Joint State Advisory Committees on Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services meeting on March 14, 2013 at the Country Inn and Suites, 5353 No. 27th Street, Lincoln, NE 68521.
- April 16, 2013 - the complete Nebraska Draft SAMHSA Uniform Block Grant Application 2014-2015 is posted on NE DHHS Division of Behavioral Health Website.
- Once the application is posted, e-mail notices are sent to NE DHHS DBH Advisory Committee Members, Regional Behavioral Health Authorities, Office of Consumer Affairs contact list, Behavioral Health Providers, press release venues and to other interested parties.
- May 1, 2013 - the comment period ends at close of business.
- Comments are strongly encouraged via the DBH Survey (see link below) and e-mail.
- DBH will incorporate comments received and prepare the final SAMHSA Block Grant Application.
- Final application will be posted on DBH website after submission is completed.
Deadline for submission is May 1, 2013
Jim Harvey – Federal Resources Manager
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
Division of Behavioral Health
301 Centennial Mall South, 3rd Floor
PO Box 95026
Lincoln, NE 68509-5026
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader