Gamblers Assistance Program
Training & Resources
Problem Gambling Helpline: 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) - 24-Hours / 7 Days a Week
Survey Instruments for Public Awareness Events
(see below for Surveys & Instructions)
Information about training courses to learn more about problem gambling counseling or to become a certified counselor is available at Training for Addiction Professionals. Self-testing tools (GA 20), and information are available at Nebraska Council on Compulsive Gambling.
Recommended links for information, finding help to treat services and educational resources include:
- National Council on Problem Gambling - Gives links to affiliate councils in the United States and general information on problem gambling.
- Iowa Office of Gambling Treatment and Prevention - The Iowa Gambling Treatment Program provides outpatient counseling for families, concerned persons, and gamblers affected by problem gambling.
- Missouri Alliance to Curb Problem Gambling - Recognizes the need to address the social problems and costs that are created when some individuals, regardless of their number, have problems handling the product or services that the state and gaming industry provide.
- Lane County PG Prevention Program - Set up to increase community knowledge on problem gambling problems and finding services that point to good ways to gambling prevention.
- Problem Gambling Resources - Their goal is to maximize resources and streamlining information within the problem gambling world, giving special emphasis on information for workforce development. This site is maintained by The Problem Gambling Foundation of New Zealand.
- The Brief Addiction Science Information Source ( BASIS) - a virtual institute to advance addiction science, and addiction-related education and clinical services.
- Division on Addictions - an affiliate of Harvard Medical School, their mission is to strengthen worldwide understanding of addiction through innovative research, education, and the global exchange of information.
- Play It Safe Nebraska - This responsible gambling public awareness campaign site is sponsored by: Nebraska Lottery and the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services - A partnership to reduce problem/pathological gambling in Nebraska as part of LB 1039. The following are other resource materials in PDF format to promote public awareness of Problem Gambling:
Survey Instruments for Public Awareness Events 2012-13
For more information, contact:
DHHS-Division of Behavioral Health
P.O. Box 95026
Lincoln, NE 68509-5026
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader