Gamblers Assistance Program
Signs and Symptoms
Problem Gambling Helpline: 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) - 24-Hours / 7 Days a Week
What is Problem Gambling?
- Problem gambling is getting involved in unsafe gambling acts that badly affect a person’s well being. This may include problems with how people close to the person are treated, family, finances, social matters and vocational pursuits.
- Pathological gambling is an increasing disorder marked by an on-going or periodic loss of control over gambling behavior; always thinking about gambling and with getting money to go gambling; not thinking straight; and a doing the same things over again no matter what happens.
Indicators of Compulsive Gambling:
- Increase in time spent gambling
- Working up special occasions for gambling (canceling other plans)
- Exaggerated display of money and other possessions
- Gambling when there is a crisis
- Frequent absences from home and work
- Withdrawal from family
- Diversion of family funds
Take the Test:
When in doubt call the Hotline: 1-800-426-2537