Public Electronic Group Lists (Listserves) How To
How do I send a message to the listserve?
Only subscribers may post messages to the list.
I am a subscriber - how do I create a new email message?
- Create a new email message.
- Enter the email address of the listserve into the "To" field of your email message.
- Enter a descriptive subject of your message into the "Subject" line of your email message.
- Type your message into the "Body" portion of the email message.
- Following your message add your name, title, company and phone number.
- Click send
Once you click send your message will be sent to all subscribers of the listserve. You will receive a copy of your own message since you are a subscriber of the listserve.
How do I respond to a question on the listserve?
Follow the instructions above. The only change is instead of creating a new message, just hit the reply button on the email message you received that contained the question you are responding to. Your reply will be sent to the entire list. To reply to only the individual who had the question, make sure the email address of the person is in the "To" field of the email and the listerve address is not.
For more information, contact:
Division of Behavioral Health
Department of Health and Human Services
PO Box 98925
Lincoln NE 68509
Phone: (402) 471-7821