Newsroom > DHHS News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 3, 2010
Marla Augustine, DHHS, Communications and Legislative Services, (402-471-9108), firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Health and Human Services to Hold Two Hearings on Medicaid June 10 in Lincoln
Lincoln – These hearings on rules and regulations will be held June 10 in the Nebraska State Office Building, Lower Level, Conference Room ‘D’, Lincoln, NE.
Public Hearing at 1:30 p.m. CDT
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Medicaid and Long-Term Care, is holding this hearing to accept comments on proposed changes to regulations for the Medicaid Managed Care Program, also known as Nebraska Health Connection. The proposed changes will:
- Provide for two Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) and eliminate Primary Care Case Management (PCCM);
- Require the primary care physician to provide the Medicaid client with a medical home;
- Require the health plan to provide information in Spanish and in alternative formats for individuals with special needs;
- Prohibit the health plan from refusing enrollment of or disenrolling a client;
- Specify standards related to client resources, claims payment, encounter data, grievance and appeal processes, and data use to promote the culturally competent delivery of services;
- Revise client rights and responsibilities; and
- Incorporate the Department’s overall quality strategy.
Public Hearing at 3:00 p.m. CDT
The DHHS Division of Medicaid and Long-Term Care is holding this hearing to accept comments on proposed changes to regulations for Medicaid. The proposed changes will:
- Implement the legislatively appropriated 0.5% increase to the inpatient hospital base rate and direct medical education rate;
- Reinstate the provision for medical education payments for managed care discharges;
- Reduce the outpatient hospital rate to 75% of the cost-to-charge ratio;
- Establish a payment rate for subacute psychiatric services for adults and correct a cross reference in 471 NAC 20.
The proposed rates are available for review at http://www.dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/reg_hearings.aspx.
Anyone may attend and comment at the hearings or submit comments in writing. Written comments must be postmarked or received by 5:00 p.m. CDT, June 12, 2010. Send your comments to DHHS Regulatory Analysis and Integration, 301 Centennial Mall South, P.O. Box 95026, Lincoln, NE 68509; fax to 402-742-2382; or e-mail to Rules.Regs@dhhs.ne.gov.
If auxiliary aids or reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in a hearing, please call 402-471-9022. Persons with hearing impairments may call the DHHS at 402-471-9570 (voice and TDD) or the Nebraska Relay System at 711 or 800-833-7352 TDD.
Draft regulations and DHHS hearing notices are available online at: http://www.sos.ne.gov/rules-and-regs/regtrack/index.cgi.