Newsroom > DHHS News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 11, 2010
Marla Augustine, DHHS, Communications and Legislative Services, (402-471-4047), email@example.com
Department of Health and Human Services to Hold Two Hearings February 18 in Lincoln
Children’s Medical Assistance Program & Licensing Hospice Agencies
Lincoln – These hearings will be held February 18 in the Nebraska State Office Building, Lower Level, Conference Room ‘A’, Lincoln, NE
Public Hearing at 9:30 a.m. CT
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Division of Medicaid and Long-Term Care is holding this hearing to accept comments on proposed changes to regulations for Children’s Medical Assistance Programs. The proposed changes will revise the definition of “creditable health insurance coverage” by correcting wording to agree with state and federal law.
Public Hearing at 1:30 p.m. CT
The DHHS Division of Public Health is holding this hearing to accept comments on proposed changes to regulations for licensing hospice agencies. The proposed changes will:
- Revise the definition of “attending physician” to allow an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) to serve as a patient’s attending physician and add definitions of “chemical restraint”, “multiple locations”, and “physical restraint”;
- Revise and clarify provisions on patient rights;
- Revise requirements for patient assessment and plans of care;
- Revise requirements for providers of services including dietary counseling, homemaking, pain control, and symptom management;
- Provide for informal conferencing with a peer review organization;
- Revise provisions on deemed compliance; and
- Require the facility to provide the patient with an itemized billing statement upon request.
Anyone may attend and comment at the hearings or submit comments in writing. Written comments must be postmarked or received by 5:00 p.m. CT, February 20, 2010. They should be sent to DHHS Regulatory Analysis and Integration, 301 Centennial Mall South, P.O. Box 95026, Lincoln, NE 68509; faxed to 402-742-2382; or e-mailed to Rules.Regs@dhhs.ne.gov.
If auxiliary aids or reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in a hearing, please call 402-471-9022. Persons with hearing impairments may call the DHHS at 402-471-9570 (voice and TDD) or the Nebraska Relay System at 711 or 800-833-7352 TDD.
Draft regulations and DHHS hearing notices are available online at: www.dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/reg_hearings.aspx.