Newsroom > DHHS News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 24, 2009
Marla Augustine, DHHS, Communications and Legislative Services, (402-471-4047) email@example.com
DHHS to Hold Hearings October 1, 2009 in Lincoln
Child Support Enforcement – Radon – Medicaid Payments to Federally Qualified
Health Centers & Rural Health Clinics
Lincoln – The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) will hold three public hearings October 1. The hearings will take place in Lincoln at the Nebraska State Office Building, 301 Centennial Mall South, Conference Room ‘LLA.’
Public Hearing at 9:00 a.m. CT
The Division of Children and Family Services is proposing changes to regulations for Child Support Enforcement. The proposed changes will:
- Revise and state requirements for establishing and enforcing medical support in Child Support Enforcement cases;
- Require cooperation with Child Support Enforcement;
- Provide for future collection of payments in arrears; and,
- Make other changes and clarifications.
Public Hearing at 10:00 a.m. CT
The Division of Public Health is proposing changes to regulations for Radon and Radon Progeny Measurement and Mitigation Services. These proposed changes implement provisions of the Uniform Credentialing Act, the Radiation Control Act, and make other revisions that will:
- Remove an obsolete reference to an Environmental Protection Agency standard;
- Disallow metal vent stack material;
- Require discharge of vent pipe to be vertical and upward;
- Standardize system label and homeowner information package;
- Change deadline for monthly reporting; and,
- Increase licensure fees and add a reinstatement fee.
Public Hearing at 11:00 a.m. CT
The Division of Medicaid and Long-Term Care is proposing revisions to regulations for Medicaid payment for services provided by Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and Rural Health Clinics (RHCs).
Anyone may attend and comment at the hearings or submit comments in writing. Written comments must be postmarked or received by 5:00 p.m. CT, October 3, 2009. They should be sent to DHHS Regulatory Analysis and Integration, 301 Centennial Mall South, P.O. Box 95026, Lincoln, NE 68509; faxed to 402-742-2382; or e-mailed to Rules.Regs@dhhs.ne.gov.
If auxiliary aids or reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in a hearing, please call 402-471-9022. Persons with hearing impairments may call the DHHS at 402-471-9570 (voice and TDD) or the Nebraska Relay System at 711 or 800-833-7352 TDD.
Draft regulations and DHHS hearing notices are available online at: www.dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/reg_hearings.aspx.