Newsroom > DHHS News Release

July 1, 2009

Marla Augustine, Communications and Legislative Services, (402) 471-4047 or


Alcohol and Drug Counselor Sought for Health Board

Lincoln—The State Board of Health is seeking an alcohol and drug counselor to serve on the Board of Alcohol and Drug Counseling. This professional board is responsible for granting license privileges to alcohol and drug counselors.

To be a board member, the individual must be actively engaged in practice.

To receive an application visit the web site or contact the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health, Licensure Unit, P.O. Box 95026, Lincoln, NE 68509-5026; by email at ; or by phone at (402) 471-6515. Completed applications must be received by August 1.

Public representatives or professionals are needed to serve in 47 positions on other boards as well. Information on all of the vacancies is listed on the DHHS website at

- 30 -