Newsroom > DHHS News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 15, 2008
Jeanne Atkinson, Communications and Legislative Services, (402) 471-8287
Come to a Substance Abuse Treatment Focus Group
Lincoln – Participants are needed for several focus groups in central and western Nebraska to identify needs and provide input about Nebraska’s adult and adolescent substance abuse treatment system.
"We want to hear from as many people as possible," said Scot Adams, Ph.D., director of the Division of Behavioral Health Services in the Department of Health and Human Services.
Adams said that information is needed from a wide variety of perspectives, including:
- People who have participated in substance abuse treatment,
- Family members of people who’ve participated in substance abuse treatment,
- Substance abuse, mental health and probation professionals, and
- Substance abuse program administrators.
Gordon: 305 Foch, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Scottsbluff: 4110 Avenue D, 12:00 noon-1:30 p.m. and 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- Mid Plains Community College, 1101 Halligan Drive, 12:00 noon-1:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
- 110 North Bailey (consumers), 12:00 noon-1:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Kearney: 4009 6th Avenue, Suite 65, 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m.-3:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Note: Information about additional focus groups to be held in eastern and northern Nebraska will be provided in the near future.