Newsroom > DHHS News Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 10, 2008

CONTACT
Jeanne Atkinson, Communications and Legislative Services, (402) 471-8287

 

BSDC Employee Pay Increases for 2007 and 2008

Lincoln – The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is providing clarifying information about pay increases at the Beatrice State Developmental Center (BSDC).

DHHS worked with the Department of Administrative Services to confirm the following information about pay increases since the recent decision by the Commission on Industrial Relations.

  • In 2007, the majority of front line workers at BSDC received a 7.5% pay increase. In addition, they received a 2.5% service anniversary date increase during the fiscal year, for a total wage increase of 10%.
  • In 2008, these employees will, on average, receive approximately a 5.2% wage increase, plus another 2.5% service anniversary date increase, for an average total wage increase of 7.7%.

    -30-