Newsroom > DHHS News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 24, 2008
Marla Augustine, DHHS, Communications and Legislative Services, (402-471-4047), firstname.lastname@example.org
DHHS to Hold Hearing June 30 in Lincoln
Lincoln – The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) will hold a public hearing June 30, 2008 at 1:30 p.m. CT. The hearing will take place in Lincoln at the State Office Building, 301 Centennial Mall South, Lower Level Conference Room ‘A.’
The hearing is being held to accept comments on proposed new regulations used to determine the ability to pay for supports and services funded by DHHS. These new regulation will change the Department’s determination of a client’s ability to pay for services received in a state institution (such as a regional center or the Beatrice Developmental Center) or for services provided by a community-based provider of services for persons with developmental disabilities. These changes will:
- Revise definitions of "assets" and "chargeable assets of a client or responsible relative";
- Clarify provisions for determining the cost of supports and services;
- Revise provisions for failure to furnish information;
- Revise provision for factors considered in determining the ability to pay; and,
- Clarify that "personal needs allowance" referenced in these regulations are those established under the Nebraska Medical Assistance Program.
Anyone may attend and comment at the hearing or submit comments in writing. Written comments must be postmarked or received by 5:00 p.m. CT, July 2, 2008. They should be sent to DHHS Regulatory Analysis and Integration, 301 Centennial Mall South, P.O. Box 95026, Lincoln, NE 68509; faxed to 402-742-2382; or e-mailed to Rules.Regs@dhhs.ne.gov
If auxiliary aids or reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in a hearing, please call 402-471-9022. Persons with hearing impairments may call the DHHS at 402-471-9570 (voice and TDD) or the Nebraska Relay System at 711 or 800-833-7352 TDD.
Draft regulations and DHHS hearing notices are available online at: http://www.dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/reg_hearings.aspx.