Newsroom > DHHS News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 2, 2008
Jeanne Atkinson, Communications and Legislative Services, (402) 471-8287 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DHHS Provides Fans to Help Nebraskans Cool Down
Lincoln – Fans are now available to low-income people, the elderly and people with disabilities. The Low Income Energy Assistance Program in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) purchased the fans.
Fans can be picked up at the following locations:
- Adams – Adams State Bank
- Beatrice – Salvation Army, 624 Market St.
- Blue Springs – First National Bank & Trust Beatrice, Blue Springs Branch
- Clatonia – First National Bank & Trust Beatrice, Clatonia Branch
- Cortland – First National Bank & Trust Beatrice, Cortland Branch
- Filley – Filley Bank
- Liberty – State Bank of Liberty
- Odell – State Bank of Odell
- Pickrell – Pickrell State Bank Branch, DeWitt State Bank
- Virginia – Citizens State Bank Branch, Farmers State Bank Cook
- Wymore – Wymore State Bank
In addition to the fan distribution program, there is assistance available through the Low Income Energy Assistance program to help pay for summer cooling costs. To be eligible, in addition to meeting income and resource requirements, someone in the household must be age 70 or older or have some specific medical conditions that make that person susceptible to heat. Applications can be requested by calling DHHS at 1-800-554-9123 or (402) 223-6000.
The household resource limit for the energy assistance program is $5,000 and annual income limits are: household (HH) size 1, $ 11,846; HH size 2, $15,883, HH size 3, $19,920; HH size 4, $23,956; HH size 5, $27,993; HH size 6, $32,030; HH size 7, $36,067; HH size 8, $40,104; HH size 9, $44,140; HH size 10, $48,177; + $4,037 for each additional member.
For more information on the Low Income Energy Assistance Program, go to the DHHS web site: www.dhhs.ne.gov and search for "energy assistance."
- 30 -