Newsroom > DHHS News Release


December 30, 2008

Marla Augustine, Communications and Legislative Services, (402) 471-4047 or


Member Sought for Health Board

Lincoln—The State Board of Health is seeking a certified master social worker to serve on the Board of Mental Health Practice, which is a professional board that is responsible for granting license privileges to mental health practitioners, social workers, marriage and family therapists, and professional counselors.

A certified master social worker who is actively engaged in the practice of the profession can be appointed to fill the vacancy.

Persons interested in serving on the board can obtain an application and documents related to the appointment process at

To receive an application by mail contact the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health, Licensure Unit, P.O. Box 95026, Lincoln, NE 68509-5026; by email at ; or by phone at (402) 471-6515. Completed applications must be received by February 17.

- 30 -