Newsroom > DHHS News Release
April 11, 2008
Marla Augustine, Communications and Legislative Services, (402) 471-4047 or firstname.lastname@example.org
When: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
Where: Milo Bail Student Center, Aksarben Room, University of Nebraska-Omaha campus
Who: Acting U.S. Surgeon General Rear Admiral Steven K. Galson
What: The Surgeon General is visiting Nebraska to issue a call to action to Nebraska parents, students, educators and community members to address the problem of underage drinking.
- Alcohol is the most commonly used substance among high school students in Nebraska.
- More than 2 in every 5 Nebraska high school students are current drinkers.
- Approximately 3 in every 10 Nebraska high school students binge drink.
- High school students in Nebraska are more likely than high school students nationally to binge drink.
- High school students in Nebraska are more likely than students nationally to report driving after drinking.
- 30 -