2. Medical Provider Section:
Trading Partner Agreement & Process
HIPAA regulation specifically defines the "Trading Partner Agreement" as follows:
Trading partner agreement means an agreement related to the exchange of information in electronic transactions, whether the agreement is distinct or part of a larger agreement, between each party to the agreement. (For example, a trading partner agreement may specify, among other things, the duties and responsibilities of each party to the agreement in conducting a standard transaction.) [Part§ 160.103 Definitions.]
So this section is designed for those of you who are intending to send and receive electronic transactions, in HIPAA-specified ANSI-x12N standards. You will find the necessary processes and reference files to prepare the Trading Partner agreement.
Part I. The Process for Creating a TPA
- Identification of mutual interest needs; initiate discussions.
- Itemize special needs for this relationship .
- Draft Trading Partner Agreement, using the template below, and make the customized changes.
- Testing and Certification process.
Part II. The Files for TPA
||When the file is finalized, it will be posted here.