1. Consumer Section:
Who is Affected?
HIPAA laws affect many participants in the U.S. healthcare system, including the state-level entitlement programs. Here is a sample of some participants that are affected:
Facilities of NE-HHSS
- State and local HHSS offices
- Regional Centers
- Youth Detention Centers
Programs (a few examples)
- Software vendors
- Other health plans (e.g., HMOs, private insurance companies)
- Independent medical providers
- Medicaid recipients
- Recipients in other NE-HHSS entitle programs
- All patients, State Facilities' residents
- ... Everyone in the State of Nebraska, that ever visits a healthcare provider.
HIPAA requirements affect entities, in many different ways.