||Home and Community Services
What are home-delivered meals?
- Usually a noontime meal, delivered to your home or apartment
- Transported and delivered using utensils and equipment which are sanitary and maintain proper food temperatures
- Contain one-third of the minimum daily nutrition requirement for adults using a variety of foods from day to day
Do I qualify for home-delivered meals service?
You must first qualify for a DHHS program that has home-delivered meals, and a DHHS worker must assess that you need this special service.
You may qualify for home-delivered meals service if you are:
- An adult with disabilities, unable to prepare your own meals
- Aged 60 and older, unable to prepare your own meals
More questions and answers about home-delivered meals
Contact someone who can answer your questions about home-delivered meals or to apply for this service:
For adults 18 and older with physical disabilities
For adults 65 and older
Information on becoming a provider of this service
I can fix my own meals, but I feel I need more money to buy food. Do I qualify?
Probably not. This special, home-delivered meals service is not intended to add to a person’s food budget. Rather, a DHHS worker must assess that:
- You’re unable to prepare your own meals due to physical, cognitive, and/or safety limitations or your nutrition risk assessment indicates “high risk.”
- There’s no other source that will provide meals service at no charge (such as a relative, neighbor, responsible adult, friend, or other program or agency).
- You don’t reside in a facility that’s required to provide meals for you.
Where can I read the regulations for programs that have a home-delivered meals service?
Title 473 -- Social Services for Aged and Disabled Adults, Click on Chapter 5; scroll down to 473 NAC 5-010
Title 480 -- Home and Community-Based Waiver Services and Optional Targeted Case Management Services, Click on Chapter 5; scroll down to 480 NAC 5-005.F
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.