|Home and Community Services
Assisted Living, Medicaid Waiver
What is Assisted Living?
A facility licensed in the state of Nebraska to provide residential and support services and approved as a Medicaid provider for clients eligible for the Aged and Disabled Medicaid Waiver.
Who needs Assisted Living?
Clients eligible for the Aged and Disabled (A&D) Medicaid Waiver who choose residential and support services in an assisted living facility.
What are my needs?
Access Assisted Living Choices to identify your needs and what assisted living facilities may be able to meet these needs.
Do I qualify for Assisted Living funded through the A&D Medicaid Waiver?
You may qualify if you are:
- 18 or older
- Eligible for Medicaid
- Needing help with activities of daily living (such as bathing or dressing)
- Eligible for a DHHS program that has the Assisted Living service, and a Services Coordinator has determined that you need Assisted Living
More questions and answers about Assisted Living
Contact someone who can answer your questions about Assisted Living or to apply for this service:
Information on becoming a provider of this service
How do I find out if I can receive Assisted Living?
- If you’re an adult with disabilities, contact your local Center for Independent Living or League of Human Dignity.
- If you’re aged 65 and above, contact your local Area Agency on Aging.
Are Assisted Living Facilities regulated and licensed?
Yes, they are licensed and regulated by Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services.
What specific services may be offered in an Assisted Living setting?
- Assistance with activities of daily living, such as help with bathing or dressing
- Basic health services, such as recording height & weight or taking a blood pressure
- Transportation to medical and other necessary appointments
- Medication assistance to help give the correct dose of prescription medications and those you buy without a prescription
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Social activities to keep you involved in the community and have fun
What are the costs to the client?
The client pays the board and room costs.
How can I find an Assisted Living facility?
You can search for an assisted living facility based on your location:
Access Assisted Living Choices
View a listing of licensed Assisted Living Facilities
Where can I read the DHHS regulations for programs with Assisted Living service?
Title 480 – Home and Community-Based Waiver Services and Optional Targeted Case Management Services, Click on Chapter 5; scroll down to 473 NAC 5-003.B
Documents in PDF format require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader
which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems, Inc.