Newsroom > DHHS News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 16, 2013
Members Sought for Five Health Boards
Lincoln— The State Board of Health is recruiting members to serve on professional boards. These health care boards are responsible for granting license privileges to health care providers, reviewing regulations, and making recommendations regarding discipline.
Professionals who are Nebraska residents, are actively engaged in practice, and have a license in good standing will be appointed to fill a vacancy. Individuals who can represent a consumer perspective and are not licensed in the particular areas that the board serves will be appointed to fill the public member vacancies. The following boards have vacancies:
- Board of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (physician who has a working relationship with an APRN)
- Board of Hearing Instrument Specialists (audiologist member)
- Board of Massage Therapy (public member)
- Board of Medicine and Surgery (physician who is a medical school faculty member)
- Board of Physical Therapy (public member)
These appointments are partial terms due to resignations. Members will be eligible to serve up to two full five-year terms upon completion of their partial term.
Completed applications must be received by May 30th. Interviews will be conducted on June 17th.
To receive an application by mail contact the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health, Licensure Unit, P.O. Box 95026, Lincoln, NE 68509-5026; by email at email@example.com
; or by phone at (402) 471-6515.