Newsroom > DHHS News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 13, 2013
Department of Health and Human Services to Hold Hearing August 29th on Proposed Regulations
Lincoln –The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services is holding a hearing on proposed regulations related to Medicaid eligibility. The hearing will be held at 10:00 a.m., Thursday, August 29th in the Nebraska State Office Building in Lincoln, 301 Centennial Mall South, lower level conference room A.
The Affordable Care Act requires changes to Medicaid eligibility policy, and the proposed changes include:
- New and revised definitions;
- An overview of eligibility requirements;
- Application processes;
- Citizenship, residency and age requirements;
- Household size, income and resource requirements;
- Relative responsibility requirements;
- Provisions related to former foster care children and child welfare program clients;
- Requirements for certain classes of categorical eligibility; and
- Appeal rights and procedures.
Anyone may attend and comment at the hearing or submit comments in writing. Written comments will be given the same consideration as oral comments. Written comments must be postmarked or received by 5:00 p.m. CT on the day of the hearings and should be sent to DHHS Legal Services, 301 Centennial Mall South, P.O. Box 95026, Lincoln, NE 68509-5026, fax 402-742-2382, or e-mailed to DHHS.RulesandRegs@nebraska.gov