Newsroom > DHHS News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 31, 2012
Russ Reno, Communications and Legislative Services, (o) 402-471-8287, (c) 402-450-7318 email@example.com
DHHS CEO Appoints Foster Care Reimbursement Rate Committee
Lincoln – Members of the Foster Care Reimbursement Rate Committee were named today by Department of Health and Human Services CEO Kerry Winterer. The 18-member committee was created by Legislative Bill 820 in the 2012 legislative session.
The committee will include the following members.
Five members from child welfare agencies contracting with foster parents from each Children and Family Services service areas:
• Carol Krueger, Social Services Director, Nebraska Children’s Home Society, Omaha.
• Gregg Nicklas, Co-CEO, Christian Heritage, Walton.
• Jackie Meyer, Executive Director, Building Blocks for Community Enrichment, Norfolk.
• Susan Henrie, CEO, South Central Behavioral Services, Kearney.
• Cory Rathbun, Vice President, St. Francis Community Services, Topeka, Kan.
One member from an advocacy organization dealing with child welfare legal and policy issues:
• Lana Temple-Plotz, Co-chair, Nebraska Chapter of Foster Family-Based Treatment Association.
One member from an advocacy organization dealing with issues impacting children:
• Leigh Esau, Executive Director, Foster Care Closet, Lincoln.
One member from a foster and adoptive parent association:
• Barb Nissen, Program Coordinator, Nebraska Foster and Adoptive Parent Association, Lincoln.
One member from a lead agency:
• David Newell, President and CEO, Nebraska Families Collaborative, Omaha.
One member from an advocacy organization that supports young adults who were in foster care as children:
• Rosey Higgs, Program Officer, Project Everlast, Omaha.
One foster parent who contracts directly with DHHS:
• Beverly Stutzman, Wood River.
One foster parent who contracts with a child welfare agency:
• Joan Kinsey, Lincoln.
Designee of DHHS CEO:
• Thomas Pristow, Director of Children and Family Services, DHHS, Lincoln.
One CFS Division employee from each service area, one with at least knowledge of the foster care payment system and one with knowledge of N-FOCUS:
• Carrie Hauschild, CFS Specialist Supervisor, Omaha.
• Jodi Allen, CFS Specialist Supervisor, Lincoln.
• Karen Knapp, CFS Specialist, Norfolk.
• Charlie Ponec, Resource Developer, Grand Island.
• Debbie Silverman, DHHS Administrator, Gering.