Newsroom > DHHS News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 13, 2012
Nominations Sought for Statewide Recovery Recognition Award For Behavioral Health Consumers
Lincoln—The Behavioral Health Director of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services is seeking nominations for an award to recognize extraordinary achievements in recovery among consumers of mental health, substance abuse and gamblers assistance services.
“There are success stories about recovery that deserve to be recognized,” said Scot L. Adams, director. “If other consumers can hear about these stories, I think they may be encouraged and inspired to achieve their own successful recoveries.”
Nominations can be for an individual or a team. Nominees should embody some or all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates wellness, recovery and resiliency
- Demonstrates dignity, respect, and accountability with individuals utilizing behavioral health services
- Provides a high level of quality consumer service and teamwork
- Promotes accessibility, efficiency and quality in the behavioral health system
- Encourages consumer and family wellness
- Works for the betterment of all rather than personal gain.
Nominations are due by March 31. The form can be found online at http://bit.ly/wUl676
or one can be obtained by mail by calling the DHHS Office of Consumer Affairs Helpline at 1-800-836-7660.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: